July 15, 2017

We All Scream For Ice Cream

A few months ago, I picked Edward up from Y-Care around 5pm. Once he got into the truck and buckled his seat belt, I looked over at him and asked him if he'd like an ice cream sundae for dinner. He looked at me with a silly grin on his face, waiting for me to say, "Tricked ya!" But, no, I was very serious.

Every now and then, I like to do something fun like that for Edward because I want him to look back on his childhood memories and say, "my mom was awesome." He's such a great kid and I like to reinforce that with fun things/treats. So he knows how much I appreciate him.

I used the Slice of Summer collection by Creative Memories for this layout. I love the fun colors and patterns in this collection. And the stickers are fun! So perfect for this layout.

 
 
I cut the "Memories" sentiment from one of the photo mats and used my corner rounder to create a fun tab to use above the cluster of photo mats.
 

I used part of a grid photo mat to hand-write my journaling. I cut another rainbow striped mat in half to adhere next to the journaling block. Once everything was adhered, I added the stickers using a few foam squares. My favorite adhesive! As an afterthought, I added a few enamel dots and heart.


Gotta love the Nerf gun and shades. LOL


Thanks for visiting today!
-Nicole

No comments: